U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has released a new version of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. As of January 22, 2017, employers must use the updated form.
A revised model notice is now available for all employers that provide group health coverage in states with premium assistance through the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or Medicaid, to inform employees of potential opportunities for assistance in obtaining coverage.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has updated Publication 463 (Travel, Entertainment, Gift, and Car Expenses) for use in preparing 2016 tax returns that are filed in 2017. This publication explains what travel, entertainment, and car expenses are deductible, how to report them on returns, what records are needed to prove expenses, and how to treat any expense reimbursements received.
More Articles ...
- New SBC Template Required For Use On or After April 1
- New Executive Order Calls for Minimizing Economic Burden of ACA
- DOL Adjusts Labor Law Penalties for 2017
- New Expiration Date for Employer CHIP, COBRA General, and COBRA Election Notices
- Reminder to Employers: Post OSHA 300A Summary Starting Feb. 1
- Medicare Part D Online Disclosure to CMS Due March 1
- State Minimum Wage Rates Set to Increase
- Tax Filing Season Begins January 23
- Certain Small Employer HRAs Exempt From ACA Market Reforms
- IRS: Opt-Out Arrangement Rules To Be Finalized 'At A Later Time