There have been several recent acquisitions of TPAs by companies operating on the periphery of the retirement plan administration industry, which continues a trend we have been seeing for several years. Merger and acquisition activity is expected to increase as well-capitalized companies, frequently financed by private equity, seek additional growth via acquisition.
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas has granted a nationwide preliminary injunctionagainst the U.S. Department of Labor's (DOL) new federal overtime rule, which was set to become effective on December 1, 2016.
Office holiday parties can build morale, offer opportunities for more casual interactions among workers, and reward employees for a productive year--but did you know they can also be a source of liability for your company? If you choose to have alcohol at your holiday party, consider the following tips to help keep you and your employees safe:
More Articles ...
- Dollar Amount Used to Determine PCORI Fee Rises to $2.26
- New ADA Wellness Program Notice Requirement Effective January 1
- Deadlines Extended for Furnishing Forms 1095-B and 1095-C in Early 2017
- New Form I-9 Released
- 2017 HSA and Health FSA Contribution Limits Announced
- 2016 ACA Transitional Reinsurance Program Contributions Form Due by November 15
- IRS Releases Final 2016 Forms 1094 and 1095
- New Federal Overtime Rule Effective December 1
- Election Day is November 8th--Are Your Employees Entitled to Voting Leave?
- Secure Choice vs Your Choice