On October 27, 2016, the Internal Revenue Service announced cost-of-living adjustments affecting dollar limitations and compensation thresholds for pension plans and other retirement-related items for tax year 2017
Plan sponsors promoting their retirement plans is an effective way to encourage employees younger than 35 according to a survey conducted by OneAmerica. That’s 40% of those surveyed, compared with 32% of older workers.
An August article by ASPPA reported on a Financial Finesse report that indicated the level of financial stress last year ended up with almost 30% of employees who experienced crushing financial stress not contributing enough to their employer sponsored plan to enjoy the full company match. Worse, 4 out of 10 said they did not contribute at all.
More Articles ...
- Retirement Savers Save
- Cost of Future Health Care
- Inflation, Long-Term Care Differs for Retirees and Pre-Retirees
- 2015 Vanguard Report “How America Saves” Findings
- And Now For The Gender Gap
- Retirement Readiness
- Retirement Plan Records Retention
- 457(b) Retirement Plans
- 403(b) Retirement Plans From Here to There