Defined Benefit pension plans are powerful vehicles for benefit solutions and tax savings. Defined benefit plans come in the form of a traditional defined benefit plan and a cash balance pension plan, also known as a hybrid pension plan.
Carve-out retirement plans help small business owners create plans that slant the contributions to key employees.
To qualify for tax deductions, retirement plans have to meet requirements of the Internal Revenue Code. The major emphasis of these rules is to ensure that plans provide lower paid employees with retirement benefits and do not disproportionately favor higher paid employees and business owners.
More Articles ...
- USCIS Releases New Form I-9
- Summer's Here and So is Spear Phishing
- 5 Guidelines for Protecting Employees from Heat Stress
- MLR Rebates Due to Plan Sponsors by September 30
- Why do I need to restate my 403(b) plan document?
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Establishment Deadline Fast Approaching
- Terminating a SIMPLE IRA or SIMPLE 401(k) Plan
- OSHA Not Currently Accepting Electronic Submissions of Form 300A Information
- How to Keep Your Employees Motivated This Summer
- HHS Releases HIPAA Cyber-Attack Checklist